Shopping Hotline: +2348077317308
Welcome to Abba!
These are the User Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) that apply to your access and use of the abba.ng website and any mobile applications operated by Abba Ecommerce and its affiliates (“abba”).
This document is a legally binding agreement between you and Abba. Please read these Terms carefully before using Abba. By using the website or related mobile applications, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
Abba may update these Terms at any time. Any changes to the Terms will be posted on this page. Once posted, the updated Terms will be effective immediately. It is your responsibility to review the Terms on a regular basis to keep yourself informed of changes. By continuing to access the Abba site or use its services, you agree to be bound by the updated Terms.
1. Conditions for Registration
Please note: As a seller, you will be able to upload items for sale at the same time that you share your corporate documents, however, your products will not be viewable by potential buyers until your documents have been verified by Abba.
- 1.1You may not access or use Abba and may not accept these terms if you are not at least 18 years, or are not permitted to receive any services under the laws of the Nigeria or any jurisdiction in which you are a resident or citizen.
- 1.2You must register as a buyer, seller (or both) and have a user account on Abba.ng to use its services.
- 1.3Whether you are registering as a buyer or seller (or both), you must own a licensed business. This does not apply to buyers purchasing through the “Buy Now” feature.
- 1.4To become verified as a buyer or seller (or both), you must provide the following documentation:
- Trade License (or Commercial Register, as applicable)
- federal-issued ID of the Owner or Manager on the license (for example, voter’s card drivers license or international passport page)
- VAT Registration Certificate (if applicable)
- Power of Attorney and personal ID (for company representatives who are not listed on the license, if applicable)
- 1.5Abba has the right to reject the creation of a user account for any reason.
- 1.6When you use any Abba service or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. We will communicate with you electronically in a variety of ways, such as by e-mail, text, in-app push notices or by posting e-mail messages or communications on Abba.ng or through our Message Center. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing, unless applicable laws specifically require a different form of communication.
- 1.7By posting or displaying any product, information, or content (“Content”) on Abba.ng, you grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, and sub-licensable license to Abba to use the Content in any form, media, or technology in any manner and for any purpose.
- 1.8By registering as a user, you acknowledge that Abba may launch, change, upgrade, impose conditions on, suspend or stop any services or features without prior notice.
2. User Accounts
- 2.1You may only have one main user account per business at any one time, but may also register subaccounts under the main account. Abba may suspend or terminate user accounts, if it has reason to suspect that the same business registered, or is in control of, two or more of the same type accounts.
- 2.2Upon creation of a user account or subaccount, Abba will assign you an account and request that you create a password.
- 2.3You will be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your account number and password. You may not share, assign, or permit the use of your user account or password with another person, even those within your own business. You agree to notify Abba immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your user account or password.
- 2.4You agree that all use of Abba, and all activities that occur under your account(s) will be considered authorized by you, and that you solely bear the responsibility for the consequences of the misuse of your account and subaccounts.
- 2.5Abba may limit, suspend or withdraw your user account at any time, without notice, for breach of these Terms, or for any reason.
3. User’s Responsibilities
- 3.1You represent and agree that:
- you have full power and authority to accept the Terms and to fulfill your obligations under these terms;
- the information and documents submitted during the registration process are true, accurate, current and complete, and you will maintain and update all information and documents to keep them so while your Abba user account is active;
- you are solely responsible for obtaining all required licenses, permits and certifications for the Content that that you submit, post or display;
- any Content that you submit, post or display is not counterfeit or stolen and does not otherwise violate any of the copyright, patent, trademark, trade name, trade secrets or any rights of any third party.
- you have the right and authority to sell, trade, distribute or export the products listed on Abba, and the listing of these products does not violate any third-party rights (for example, exclusive agency or distribution agreements); and
- Neither you, your company, its directors, officers nor affiliates are the subject of any trade restrictions, sanctions or other legal restrictions of any country, international organization or other jurisdiction.
- 3.2You further agree that the Content that you submit, post or display will:
- be true, accurate, complete and legal.
- not contain information that is defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, obscene, explicit, offensive, or otherwise objectionable
- not contain information that is discriminatory or promotes discrimination
- not violate the Product Listing Policy, the Terms or any other additional agreements with Abba.
- not violate any applicable laws and regulations or promote any activities which may violate them; and
- not post any link directly or indirectly to other websites which include Content that violates the Terms.
- 3.3Additionally, you agree that you will:
- carry on activities on Abba in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
- conduct your business transactions with other Abba users in good faith;
- carry on your activities according to these Terms, and any other applicable agreements;
- upload all requested order data for every transaction to the Abba platform;
- not use Abba to defraud any person or entity;
- not impersonate any person or entity, misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- not manipulate feedback through multiple user accounts or third parties by leaving positive feedback for yourself or unjustified negative feedback for another user;
- not copy, reproduce, download, republish, sell or distribute any information, text, images, graphics, video clips, sound, directories, files, databases or listings, available on or through Abba for any purpose;
- not engage in spamming, phishing or spreading viruses;
- not use Abba solely to collect information about other users;
- not use information provided to you during the course of a transaction on Abba to solicit additional sales offline; and
- not engage in any activities that would create liability for Abba.
- 3.4In its sole discretion, Abba has the right to remove a posting or listing or suspend or terminate any user account, if it learns of a violation or suspected violation of any of the points under 3.1-3.3, or for any reason it considers appropriate.
4. Transactions Between Buyers and Sellers
- 4.1Through its website and related applications, Abba provides a platform for buyers and sellers to interact with one another for the sale and purchase of products. Abba does not represent either buyers or sellers in any transaction and is not a party to any agreement between them.
- 4.2Buyers and sellers must agree on and create their own contractual terms and upload the order details of each transaction to the Abba platform.
- 4.3Abba does not control and is not responsible for the quality, legality, safety, or availability of the products offered for sale on Abba.ng, the ability of sellers to complete a sale or the ability of buyers to complete a purchase.
- 4.4By accessing or using Abba.ng, you accept the risks of conducting any transaction, as well as any related activities, such as payment, storage, shipment and return of products.
- 4.5Abba is not liable for unsatisfactory or delayed performance, losses, damages or business interruptions as a result of products which are unavailable, damaged or not delivered.
- 4.6Abba may, but is not required to, mediate or attempt to resolve any dispute or disagreement between buyers and sellers, but will not be responsible for the resolution of such dispute.
- 4.7Please Contact Us to report any issues or violations of these Terms.
5. Third-Party Sites or Services
- 5.1Abba may give you access to third-party sites or services through hyperlinks, API or other means. You should review the third-party terms and conditions, as Abba has no control over and does not monitor such sites. Abba will not be liable to you for the content of these sites or your use of them.
- 5.2Abba may offer you third-party services, such as payment gateways, supply chain finance solutions and delivery services. These services may be subject to a separate agreement between you and the service provider. Under no circumstances will Abba will be liable to you for the use of such services.
- 5.3Third-party services may be subject to separate fees. You will be informed of such fees prior to the performance of the services.
- 6.1The services provided by Abba and the products displayed on Abba.ng are provided “as is”, “as available” and “with all faults”, and any and all warranties are excluded.
- 6.2You agree to defend Abba, our affiliates, directors, officers and employees against any and all third-party losses, claims and liabilities (including legal costs) which may result from your violation of these Terms, use of Abba.ng or its services (or third-party services or sites offered through Abba). You agree to fully compensate Abba for such losses.
- 6.3Abba has the right to take control of any legal matter subject to Clause 6.2.
- 6.4Abba will not be liable to pay any consequential, indirect, punitive or incidental damages (including but not limited to damages for loss of profits or savings, business interruption, loss of information), resulting from your use of Abba.ng, or any third-party services or sites offered through Abba.
- 6.5Regardless of the above clauses, the total liability of Abba, our employees, agents, affiliates or representatives for any or all your claims during any calendar year is limited to 50,000naira.
- 6.6The above clauses will apply whether or not Abba has been advised of, or should have been aware of, the possibility of any losses.
7. Cooperation with Authorities
- 7.1Abba has the right to cooperate fully with governmental or regulatory authorities or law enforcement in the investigation of any suspected criminal or civil wrongdoing. As permitted by applicable laws and policies, Abba may disclose a user’s identity and contact information regarding a user’s account, transactions or activities carried on Abba.ng. Abba will not be liable for damages due to such disclosure, and you agree not to bring any claim against Abba for the disclosure.
8. Force Majeure
- 8.1Neither you nor Abba will be liable for failing to fulfill any obligation under these Terms that result from circumstances beyond either party’s reasonable control, such as natural disasters, pandemics or war.
9. Intellectual Property
- 9.1Abba is the sole owner or lawful licensee of all the rights and interests in Abba.ng and its Content. Abba.ng and its content contain trade secrets and other intellectual property rights protected under worldwide copyright and other laws. All title, ownership and intellectual property rights in the Abba.ng and its Content belong to Abba. All other rights are reserved.
- 9.2If you believe that any Content on Abba.ng violates your intellectual property or other third-party rights, please Contact Us.
10. General Clauses
- 10.1Unless you have any additional agreements with Abba, these Terms represent the entire agreement between you and Abba as to your use of the website and any related applications or services, overriding any prior written or verbal agreements that may have been made.
- 10.2These Terms do not create an agency, partnership, joint venture, employment or franchise relationship between you and Abba.
- 10.3If any clause of these Terms is considered invalid or unenforceable, such clause will be deleted and the remaining clauses will remain valid and enforceable.
- 10.4If Abba does not enforce its rights or act against any breach by you under the Terms, it does not mean that Abba is waiving its rights to enforce actions against you in the future.
- 10.5Abba has the right to assign the Terms to any person or entity. You may not assign these terms to any person or entity, without written consent from Abba.
If you have any questions regarding these Terms, please Contact Us.